Friday, March 2, 2007

This is Why it is Sometimes Called Table Tennis

When I was a kid, we had a ping-pong table on the back porch. My brother and I painted it black at some point. When I was in college, I built a ping-pong table in my bedroom/living room and painted it purple. When I moved out of the house, I had to destroy the table because it wasn't foldable, being only made of pressed wood and 4x4s. That was a truly sad day. Wednesday, A and I met friends at DC's new Comet Pizza & Ping Pong. We ate fancy pizza and played a few games on their tables in the back. They were traditional green.

The best part of Comet, however, is its bathrooms--the friend we met was responsible for their beautiful High Renaissance-style murals, depicting pairs and pairs of youths frolicking in the Northern Italian countryside, playing ping-pong. As the world should be.

No comments: