Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Grocery Shopping + I Am Not a Botanist

Today our refrigerator got fixed. It hasn't worked since early June sometime, but we've been out of town enough that it didn't really matter. This week, however, it began to matter when I started eating three-week old stale oatmeal cookies because the alternative was baking soda. Check out this sweet before and after:


In April, I was sure we had a Cherry Blossom tree in the front yard. Then a woman woke me up at 9:17am (the equivalent of 4am for norms) last week to ask if she could have some of our peaches. I said yes without really realizing that this meant the tree is a peach tree. Then I saw a squirrel making off with one yesterday, which made me think I should grab one before they're gone.


I'll let you know if they're any good in about three weeks when it's ripe.

No comments: