Sunday, January 25, 2009

Price of Fame + Ushering in a New Era of Opaqueness

When you author a blog that gets 40, 50 or even more visits every day, you're a pretty powerful person, which means that everybody is gonna want a piece of you. Or want you to put a piece of them on the internet. It's the price one must pay. Like this conversation I had with Mitch.

(Another part of being powerful and famous is that you have to censor things.)

Mitch: Sitting around reminiscing about the old apt complex with some friends

Me: Ah the redneck Melrose Place

Mitch: U forgot debauchery-laden

Me: Meh [redacted] didn't even [redacted] with all our friends

Mitch: [redacted][redacted] with [redacted] and [redacted][redacted]. then [redacted] [redacted] and [redacted] all [redacted].

Me: Oh yeah. Haha

Mitch: Looks like you and I are the only ones who didn't [redacted]

Me: As far as we remember haha

Mitch: Eww

Me: [redacted]

Mitch: Write about me!

Me: Like a biography?

Mitch: I was thinking blog. But biography might be yr ticket to big time

Me: True. I'd do this convo but I don't want everybody to know [redacted]

Mitch: Invent a convo. Or just tell them this one is a lie. HEY EVERYBODY - THESE ARE ALL LIES! There. I did it for you.

Me: But my sterling reputation! BTW iPhone auto correct gives "whitish" for "whorish"

Mitch: [redacted]

Me: [redacted] [redacted]

No comments: